Monday, March 16, 2015

Great Customer Service

One day at work, I gestured wildly (I guess) and my engagement ring shot straight off my finger and bounced along the floor with the pathetic tinny ting sound that expensive metals make.



It became quite clear that the question of whether or not my ring truly fit had been answered. This posed a whole new dilemma: finding the time off on a weekend where I could get down to Shane Co to get my ring re-sized.




As someone who works retail (who is nearly always scheduled on the weekends) and works a second job that also likes to have me work on the weekend, who is marrying someone with a Monday through Friday job, figuring out getting down to Walnut Creek (sorry we didn't stop in and say hi, Sarah) became quite the puzzle. Luckily the stars aligned and I was scheduled to only work at one job on Sunday, compared to Saturday when I worked both, and I was able to convince Steven to take us down to drop off my ring.




So, with an hour and a half drive there and back, Shane Co opening at noon, and me having to be at work at three, we set out for a nearly impossible task. But the stars aligned and even though we were late at leaving the house, stopped for breakfast, and battled traffic, we arrived as the doors were being opened.



We joined the crowd (because apparently a lot of people have jewelry emergencies on the weekend) and wandered inside. The place was lovely inside. It has a foyer! We wandered in and were immediately helped by a gentlemen. He asked what he could do for us, and I said I needed my ring re-sized because it had shot off my finger. I tried on a few different sizes and we agreed on a new one. Once we had finished he asked if I would like to see any bands next to it. 






Now, anyone who read my blog about poor customer service will understand why this simple question made me so happy. This salesman possessed the great skill of deduction. He saw me take the ring off a certain finger. Saw me arrive with a hovering gentleman (the only time I'll call Steven a gentleman) and he figured it was safe to assume that this ruby ring of mine was an engagement ring. The man helped me find the absolute perfect wedding band to sit next to my ring and listened to Steven's preferences and helped him pick a ring that makes him happy, too. I will be going back to Shane Co to purchase my wedding ring shortly and couldn't be happier with the service I received.




But now I face being without my ring for the next few days...



No comments:

Post a Comment