Sunday, April 3, 2016

Wedding Party: Kat

This pretty lady!

Luckily for both Kat and I, we met in 6th grade. That means that it was 1999 and was long before digital cameras were popular. We have plenty of terrible pictures of ourselves on film but the oldest digital picture we have of ourselves is this:


This is the oldest picture of us I could find online. 2004! 15 years old.


We met at the end of her driveway after her and her sisters ran after their new puppy Cleo. (Cleo is still around and quite youthful for 16 years old.) I don't remember if we had a single class together when we hit middle school, but we remained friends throughout the years. In fact, we were a part of a larger group of friends that whittled down to just us three. 


2006... that's all I can say.

Kat WAS middle school and high school for me. The music I listened to was because she gave it to me. The movies we saw were almost exclusively at her house. We spent as many nights as we could at her house eating Wheat Thins and drinking soda and bouncing on her trampoline. I can't even imagine who I would be today if we hadn't met. She was the one who proposed the crazy ideas we inevitably went along with. No other human being meant as much to me as this one for many, many years. Kat was the triplet that Bry and I didn't know we were missing until she came along. 


We were each other's dates for prom. 2006!

Even after Bry and I moved and were forced to transfer schools between sophomore and junior year, we remained friends. It actually brought us closer together. We were forced to reach out and hang out on weekends and call each other daily after school. (Remember when that was a thing?) We spent practically the entire summer of 2004 together. Our paths finally split after high school.


Kat's wedding. 2009!

Bry and I went off to college in Humboldt and Kat started going to the J.C. in Santa Rosa. Bry and I even went to China and when we got back we got to be bridesmaids in our best friend's wedding! Kat had a daughter we got to be aunt's too from afar and eventually even Bry got married. 


In her natural habitat, you can always find a Kat between her twins. 2011!

We got to be bridesmaids for Bry as well. And then Kat had a son and suddenly she had all the children I needed to complete my wedding party! Just kidding. But really, I am very excited to finally get my turn at having her kids as flower girl and ring bearer. 


This bitch. The one on the left, not the two on the right. 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment